Effective Date: February 20, 2023
Ecosa Group Pty. Ltd. (ABN 68 604 828 766)
At The Ecosa Company, we're totally committed to protecting your personal information and will look after the information you entrust to us and keep it safely and securely.
Information We Collect
Your personal information is usually collected directly from you in a variety of ways such as:
- Filling out our feedback form
- Subscribing to our newsletter (header, footer or even popup offer)
- Placing an order
- Submitting an after purchase enquiry
- Emailing our customer service support.
We collect and hold information including:
- Customer names
- Contact numbers
- Street address
- Email address
- Website usage
- IP address
- Browser type
- How much time you spent on each page
- Other engagement metrics.
Our website is hosted on AWS. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Use of Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Personalize your experience. (Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- Improve our website (We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- Improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
- Enable third-party partners to perform their assigned tasks, whether it is technical, logistical, or other business functions.
- Process transactions.
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features.
- Send periodic emails.
- Send periodic SMS messages.
The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please reply "unsubscribe".
The phone number you provide for order processing may be used to send occasional SMS updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, offers, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future SMS communications, please reply “STOP”.
We will not sell, distribute, rent, licence, disclose, share or pass your personal information onto any third parties, other than those who are contracted to us to keep the information confidential whether subject to a statute or a scheme that imposes similar restrictions to the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) regarding the handling of personal information.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information collected from you is accurate, up to date, complete and stored in a secure environment and accessed only by our authorised personnel.
Please note that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will endeavour to protect your personal information as best as possible but we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. The transmission and exchange of information are carried out at your own risk.
Using and Disclosing Information
We are always aiming to improve what we do and the more we know about you, the better we can serve you. The personal information and your sleeping preferences give us a greater understanding of you so that we can provide you with products and promotions that would be of interest to you. It also enables us to develop better products, attend to your enquiries and better market our products.
The Ecosa Company may share information about visitors in aggregate with third parties including advertisers and business partner to understand visitor trends and patterns, and to manage and improve our service. Such information will be anonymous so that visitor's privacy is protected.
The Ecosa Company may disclose your information in response to a threat of legal proceedings as for example in response to a Court Order. Further, if Ecosa is requested by a government authority, or the police or any regulatory investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or other data collected about you and/or information concerning your activities whilst using one of our websites we shall do so.
What are your rights?
Data protection is a fundamental right, and you have several rights in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
These rights are:
- You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time.
- Whenever we process your personal data, by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
- You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
- You have the right to erase any personal data processed by us at any time except for the following situations:
1. You have an ongoing matter with Customer Service.
2. You have an open order.
3. You have an unsettled balance with us.
4. If you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for book-keeping purposes.
- You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data under the following circumstances:
1. If you object to a processing based on our legitimate interest, we will restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
2. If you have claimed that your personal data is incorrect, we must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data.
3. If the processing is unlawful, you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead.
4. If we no longer need the personal data but it is required by you to defend legal claims.
- For each processing purpose you have given us your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you do so, we will stop the processing of your personal data for that specific purpose.
- You can revoke your consent or object from further marketing communication by the following means:
1. Following the instruction in each marketing post
2. By editing the settings of your account
3. Configurate the privacy settings on your social media account or browser
4. Contact Customer Service at [email protected]
- You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on our legitimate interest. We will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate legitimate grounds for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
How do you exercise your rights?
If you have an account or are a member of a loyalty program, you can exercise your right to access, portability and rectification under your account pages, where you also can delete your account.
Upon request, Ecosa will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. If you would like to access, update, correct, or delete any information that you have provided to us through your use of the Site, you may contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We reserve the right to save transaction data as is necessary to comply with legal obligations or for purposes of standard business operations.
Our website uses third-party re-marketing tools, including the Google Adwords and Criteo tracking cookie. You will continually see our ads across the web, specifically on the GCN (Google Content Network). Our customers' privacy is most important to us and we committed that we will not be collecting any identifiable information.
The remarketing tools allow us to make special offers and continue to market our services to those who had been to our website.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, you can also opt-out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings permanently using a browser plugin.
Changes to Our Private Policy
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
It is your right under privacy law to ask for access to or updating of any of your personal information that may be held by us, except in some limited circumstances. Please see our contact details below. In many cases, we can assist you promptly and informally with these requests. In other cases, we may seek to verify your identity and ask you to make your request in writing.