What are the benefits of bed frames aside from their aesthetic value? Most people equate bed frames as pieces of furniture that promote the look and feel of a room. However, these pieces give other benefits that will surprise you.
In this article, we will talk about what are the benefits of a bed frames besides their decorative purpose.
What Are The Health Benefits of Bed Frames
Bed frames give you ease when you are about to lie down in bed. This removes the pain of crouching low to the ground in order to lie down. Also getting out of bed is easier thanks to a bed frame. Having bed frames can help you sleep more relaxed.
But aside from that, there are many other health benefits that a bed frame can offer you. Here are some of them.
Structural Support for a Healthy Spine
- Bed frames are essential in supporting your mattress and providing a hard and even surface for your spine.
- Proper spine position while sleeping is critical for avoiding back pain and preserving overall spinal health.
Circulation and Support for Breathing
- Elevated bed frames help improve blood circulation, especially in the legs.
- Furthermore, sleeping in an elevated position can help with breathing, reducing the risk of snoring and contributing to better respiratory health.
Getting Rid of Acid Reflux and Heartburn
- An inclined bed frame might be a game changer for folks who suffer from acid reflux or heartburn.
- The small elevation aids gravity in keeping stomach acid where it belongs, decreasing nighttime discomfort.
Sleep-Related Discomfort Reduction
- Inclined bed frames can help people who suffer from diseases like acid reflux or snoring.
- As a result, the modest elevation can reduce discomfort while also promoting undisturbed sleep and improved overall sleep quality.
Mould and Mildew Prevention
- The elevated platform of a bed frame prevents moisture from accumulating beneath the mattress. Moulds can bring a host of diseases from respiratory problems, stomach pains and so on.
- As a result, this preventative action reduces the risk of mould and mildew, resulting in a healthier sleeping environment.
- Adjustable bed frames can be customised to support certain parts of the body.
- As a result, this personalised support goes beyond sleep, encouraging optimal positioning for activities like reading or watching TV in bed.
- Adequate sleep has a direct impact on cognitive function.
- As a result, a comfortable bed frame promotes uninterrupted sleep, which aids cognitive regeneration by improving memory consolidation and overall mental clarity.
Management of Sleep Apnea and Snoring
- Certain adjustable bed frames can be good for people who suffer from sleep apnea or snoring.
- As a result of elevating the upper body, these frames may help with airway placement, thus lowering discomfort and enhancing sleep quality.
Those are just some health benefits of having a bed frame. Let’s go to some cleaning benefits.
Cleaning Benefits of Having a Bed Frame
Having a bed frame makes it easier to fix your bed and remove dust from underneath your bed. This also helps you fight allergens like inhaling dust and hairs.
Let’s look at how having a bed frame can help you when cleaning up your room.
Making it Easy to Clean Your Bedroom
- A bed frame’s raised platform makes cleaning easier by allowing easy access to the floor beneath.
- A bed frame eliminates the need to twist oneself or struggle with vacuum cleaners under a low-sitting bed.
Dust and Allergen Control
- Elevating your mattress with a bed frame protects it from dust and allergens on the floor.
- This not only adds to a cleaner sleeping environment, but it also minimises allergy triggers.
Keeping Pests at Bay
- A raised bed reduces the number of hiding places for pests such as dust mites and bed bugs.
- This preventative approach can help with insect control and promote a more sanitary environment for a comfortable night’s sleep.
So those are some clean up benefits of having a bed frame. Let us now look at some practical benefits of it.
Practical Benefits of a Bed Frame
Having a bed frame has many practical uses. From enabling you to get out of bed easily to using it as an extended storage area for clothes and other things, your bed frame can be a practical fixture to your room.
Here are some practical uses of a bed frame.
An Added Storage Option for Clutter-Free Bedrooms
- Many bed frames include built-in storage, which is an excellent solution for bedroom organising.
- Drawers beneath the bed or a lofted frame can help simplify the bedroom, making it a more organised and stress-free environment.
Assistance with Mobility Issues
- A bed frame with adjustable height can be quite beneficial for people who have mobility issues.
- Such frameworks improve everyday life for persons with unique health difficulties by making it easier to get in and out of bed.
Increasing Your Mattress’ Durability
- Bed frames help to extend the life of your mattress by providing necessary support.
- This not only ensures a restful night’s sleep, but it also protects your mattress investment over time.
Improved Mattress Support
- A bed frame gives your mattress a stable and level surface to be placed on. This ensures that your mattress does not move around as you sleep.
- Another benefit is that if your mattress is well supported, it allows your back to be in a proper position. Also this takes care of your mattress’ weight distribution.
Extending Your Mattress’ Lifespan
- Several factors can cause your mattress to deteriorate and age. Putting it on the floor can make it an attractive place for moulds and mildew as well as pests to live in.
- Bed bugs and infest your bed if you put it on the floor. By keeping your bed off the floor you protect it from dirt, wetness, and other problems the floor may bring.
Better Air Circulation
- Slatted or open bed frames provide for better air circulation. Good circulation wards off moulds and smells on your bed.
- Aside from this, your bed can benefit greatly when it is aired out and ventilated well. This can remove smells and moisture trapped in your mattress.
- Your bedroom design can be enhanced with a variety of bed frame styles and materials. This can bring character and personality to your bedroom. You can even make it look like a hotel room if you want.
- One of the benefits of bed frames would be its ability to enhance the attractiveness of your sleeping environment. A tranquil room is a nice room to sleep in.
Prevention of Floor Damage
- Putting your bed on the floor can leave moisture or water marks on your floor. Aside from this mould growth on your floor can leave it permanently damaged.
- Having your bed above floor level can allow you to clean underneath it regularly.
These are just a few benefits of having a bed frame. There are many other things that these pieces of furniture can contribute to your health and your home. Of course you may still opt to have no frames if you can ensure proper ventilation for your mattress to avoid pests and moulds.
Ecosa provides great bed frames as well as frames and mattress bundles. Do check out our pages today.